Are you an undergrad artist with an eye-catching visual piece suited for the prime spot on a national literary magazine? The Kudzu Review is on the hunt for the face of our next issue – and we want to see your work!
SUBMIT YOUR ARTWORK HERE BY OCT. 15
IF YOUR PIECE IS SELECTED FOR THE FRONT COVER OF ISSUE NO. 67:
- Your work will be featured everywhere we post the front cover of the magazine – on our Issuu page, in nearly all of our promotional social media posts about the magazine, on our website, and more. We will give express credit to you on all of the aforementioned places, and include links to any personal/artist profiles you wish us to advertise. Your work will be the most publicized piece in the issue!
- You will be given an exclusive interview about your inspiration for the piece and your creative process behind it – posted to our social accounts and website, and potentially published in the magazine itself.
- Your piece will be published both digitally (in December of 2021) and in physical print (in a volumized print edition of both Issue no. 67 and 68, set to release in Spring of 2022).
- You will be invited to attend and speak at a reading of Issues No. 67 & 68 in the Spring of 2022.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMITTING:
- You must be a current undergraduate student. We accept submissions from any undergrad in the world – not just Florida State University students!
- You must submit a high-quality digital image of your work – at least 5MP or 300 dpi
- There is no limit on the number of pieces you can send us for this contest – we want to see it all! But send us your best work, and keep in mind that we will be considering every piece for the particular use of a magazine cover. It needs to be unique, eye-catching, and appealing – something that will make a reader want to pick it up and turn the page!
- You can submit as many pieces as you want, but please submit each separately. Do not compile them into a single document. All Visual Art submitted to us through our general submission form (linked below) before the October 15th deadline will be considered for the cover.
- If you choose to submit to the contest, you acknowledge that we will reposting your piece as the cover across our social media platforms, on our website, and using it in various promotional materials. Of course, we will repost only with proper credit given.
- When you submit, your piece will also be considered for general publication in the magazine, if it is not selected for the cover.